Adolescence is the period of transition between childhood and adulthood and is associated with puberty. Usually, puberty begins around 9-10 years of age and occurs in a sequence of stages. The hormones produced during puberty cause various physical, physiological, and emotional changes. These hormones not just influence the core functions but also, affect the skin, largely.
Even though the skin is structurally mature like adults, the sweat and sebum (oil) production in teens is remarkably high because of the hormonal surge. This excess oil secretion makes the skin greasier, attracting dirt and germs that lead to acne. In addition, the extra oil clogs the pores, trap dead skin cells and cause pimples, blackheads, dark spots, etc.
Body odor is another concern among teens. The sweat glands are highly active during puberty, particularly in the armpits, groin, palms, and the soles of the feet. Though sweat itself does not have a smell, the bacteria in the skin surface react with the excess sweat and cause body odor.
These skin changes can be emotionally overwhelming for a teen and make them try every product in the market in the quest to have clean and healthy skin. Nevertheless, the harsh chemicals in some products can irritate sensitive skin and cause even more damage. Hence, parents need to keep an eye out and support their kids in choosing safe, non-toxic products, certified personal skin care products.
Keeping these in mind, our “Tikitoro teens” range of products is curated especially with safe and effective ingredients for delicate skin. Our “Tikitoro teens” products are,
- Highly moisturizing: Even though the skin is naturally oily, it does not mean moisturizers are not required. The excess oil production, in turn, occurs because of dehydration. Our lotion-based formula is packed with humectants that retain the natural moisturizing factors and hydrates the skin for optimal barrier function.
- Non-comedogenic: The non-greasy, oil-free formula deeply nourishes the skin yet, does not clog the enlarged pores that could cause acne and blackheads.
- Gently cleansing: The mild, non-stripping ingredients gently exfoliate the clogged pores and keep the skin clear without causing dryness and irritation.
- Anti-acne: The natural actives possess the anti-bacterial property that destroys the acne-causing bacteria. Additionally, it forms a protective layer on top of the skin and prevents the accumulation of dirt and pollutants in the open pores.
- Deodorizing: The anti-microbial actives kill the bacteria on the skin surface and keep body odor at bay. The deodorizing ingredients mask unpleasant smell and give a refreshing feel.
- Toxin-free: The chosen ingredients are extremely safe and do not interrupt the highly active hormones required for physical and emotional maturation during puberty.
Meet the Author
Dr. Priya Nethaji has a professional doctorate in Pharmacy. She loves experimenting with skincare products and does extensive research for safe products